LONDON, UK – 6 February 2018 – Videogame publisher Rising Star Games, in collaboration with critically-acclaimed developer Image & Form, today announced that the smash-hit title SteamWorld Dig 2 is soon to be available for Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4 as a physical retail release. The boxed editions will feature an exclusive double-sided poster featuring iconic artwork from the game along with a reversible inlay with never-before-seen artwork. SteamWorld Dig 2 is currently scheduled for release at selected retailers in the USA, across Europe and beyond in Spring 2018.
“We’re totally humbled by the community’s reaction to SteamWorld Dig 2”, said Brjann Sigurgeirsson, CEO at Image & Form. “This latest SteamWorld adventure is a milestone, and we’re naturally very proud of it. Many fans are now asking for a physical release, so it makes me very happy to be able to partner up with Rising Star Games for a boxed version. We’re also excited that additional exclusive items will be included as well!”
SteamWorld Dig 2 takes players on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.
SteamWorld Dig 2 key features:
- Dig your way underground and explore vivid worlds riddled with treasure, secrets and traps
- Combat dangerous enemies at every turn of the underworld’s twisted paths, including shadowy creatures and the haunted remains of an ancient electrical threat
- Upgrade your gear to forge deeper into the earth and take on bigger challenges
- Swing across large chasms with your Hookshot and fly through caves with the Jet Engine!
- And finally, learn the truth about your long lost friend…
SteamWorld Dig 2 for Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4, developed by Image & Form and published at physical retail by Rising Star Games, will be available at selected retailers in the USA, across Europe and beyond in Spring 2018. For more information follow Rising Star Games on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or visit the official Rising Star Games website.